Constructing a deck can be a great home improvement project that adds value to your home and lifestyle. To make the best use of your time and financial resources, though, carefully consider the decking materials available and their unique characteristics. If you have a wooden deck or are looking to install one, consider the benefits and advantages of long-lasting vinyl decking.
- Less Maintenance: One of the reasons why homeowners continue to choose vinyl decking over wood decks is due to vinyl’s minimal maintenance. The color of vinyl decking never fades, so the regular work of painting, staining, and sealing your deck becomes unnecessary. Vinyl is also much easier to clean than wood, requiring only a quick rinse from the hose or mop to remove surface dirt.
- Durability: More durable than a wood deck, a vinyl deck can last for up to 25 years or longer with the proper maintenance. When it comes to installation, vinyl decking is also much easier to work with than wood, making it easier for installers to build and reducing costs for homeowners.
- Damage-Resistant: The durability of vinyl decking is due to its natural resistance to rot. Vinyl decking does not warp or bend. With vinyl decking, you won’t have to worry about splinters or splitting wood, and with no peeling or cracking, your deck will continue to look like new.
- Design Options: There are countless design options when it comes to vinyl decking. Manufacturers produce a variety of colors, sizes, textures, and patterns to fit any design or aesthetic choice. Choosing vinyl can give homeowners the same aesthetic flexibility available with wood without the costly maintenance and upkeep.
- Weather and Termite-Resistant: Providing a slip-resistant surface during rain, wet weather and around the pool, vinyl decking is a safe choice for your family. Vinyl decking is also less likely to collect moisture, which means termites won’t be attracted to your deck or home.
At Vinyl Industries, we have been manufacturing and installing quality vinyl fencing, railing, and decking for over 17 years. Serving Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas, Vinyl Industries provides professional, timely installation for all of your outdoor vinyl needs. For more information, please visit Vinyl Industries online, or call us today at (801) 768-4794.